Regulations are made with various purposes and functions. Some of the functions of the existence of regulations for life in the family, school, and community, among others:
- Functions as a regulator of human behavior so that it is always in accordance with the rules of a good life.
- Serves as a protector of the rights of others.
- Serves as forcing the obligations of others to always be carried out.
- Serves as a tool to strengthen national integration.
- Function to create a conducive, safe, comfortable, and peaceful environment for all citizens.
- Serves as a guide in living social life.
Regulation is a control tool to regulate human behavior. The rules themselves are made so that every human being does not act arbitrarily towards himself, others, and his nation.